Capn Jack's Flying Squirrels

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Today marks the official beginning of a project I have been dreaming about for over a year. In the summer of 2007, I hope to travel historic Route 66 from Santa Monica, CA to Chicago, Il. Lots of people do this, but I want to see it from the air--specifically, from the cockpit of a Cessna Skylane. It's not physically challenging, dangerous or an unusual flight to make in a small plane, but for me it will be a thrill.

I'm going to find out if I can use it as a fundraiser for an appropriate cause. The problem is that raising money through the flight might make it an "operation for hire." I'm not a commercial pilot, so I'm not allowed to do that.

If you are interested in following this project from dream to plan to actual journey, visit my new blog: Captain Jack's Route 66 Adventure. I hope to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com